The Human Resource Generalist is responsible for supporting the HR department with various operational and administrative HR tasks. They will oversee the day-to-day HR operations of the region they support. This role will also provide administrative support to our marketing department. This position will be located in our Grande Prairie office. Some travel will be required.
- In collaboration with the Regional Managing Partner in their region, the HR Generalist is responsible for the recruitment process of all staff and lawyers. This includes sourcing, interviewing, and hiring new employees.
- Responsible for addressing employee complaints and resolving issues.
- With guidance, handles performance improvement plans, disciplinary actions, and termination-related matters.
- Ensures HR policies and procedures comply with applicable laws and regulations.
- Maintains accurate employee records for the regions they support.
- Supports the administrative staff with training and professional development.
- Supports the marketing department with social media maintenance.
- Uses branded templates to create collateral.
- Work with suppliers to facilitate collateral orders.
- Maintains inventory of promotional items.
- Attends events on behalf of the firm, as required.
- Works in conjunction with HR Generalists in other offices.
- Minimum 2 years’ proven experience in the HR profession.
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in Human Resource Management.
- Knowledge and understanding of human resource policies, employment standards legislation, and other regularity requirements.
- Working knowledge of all social channels (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, TikTok).
- Strong integrity with ability to maintain confidentiality and manage highly sensitive information.
- Excellent communication skills as it relates to human resources.
- CPHR designation (or working towards) is an asset.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Compensation & Hours:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Regular full-time position with working hours of 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM subject to change from time to time. We provide a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, prescription drug, life insurance, critical illness, long term disability, vacation and sick time benefits.
To apply please send a cover letter and resume to the attention of Shara Skea, while quoting the job title in the subject line at firstname.lastname@example.org. All applications will be held in strict confidence. Stringam LLP is an equal opportunity employer.
Stringam LLP wishes to thank all applicants for their interest. However, please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.