We are looking for an exceptional individual to take charge of the challenging role of Real Estate Legal Assistant in support of the Real Estate Department in Lethbridge, Alberta.
- Draft, prepare and organize general correspondence and documents relating to the conduct of residential conveyancing law practice
- Organize and maintain files relating to legal and administration matters including indexing and tracking
- Perform searches and review same related to real estate including Personal Property Registries, Bankruptcy, Land Titles, Corporate and Bank of Canada
- Draft and register security documentation
- Receive, sort and prioritize transaction documents, as well as create and manage file checklists relating to transaction closing
- Assist lawyer(s) in preparation for transactions, including dealing with realtors, lender representatives and counsel
- Preparation of reporting documentation to client
- Minimum 1-3 years’ experience in real estate conveyancing is required
- Professional demeanor including an ability to manage all incoming client inquires, work well with colleagues, lawyers, external clients and outside service providers
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Reliable and able to work independently taking initiative when required
- Knowledge of and ability of Microsoft Suite and ProLaw is an asset
Compensation & Hours:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Regular full-time position with working hours of 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM subject to change from time to time. We provide a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, prescription drug, life insurance, critical illness, long term disability, vacation and sick time benefits.
To apply please send a cover letter and resume to the attention of Human Resources, while quoting the job title in the subject line at firstname.lastname@example.org. All applications will be held in strict confidence. Stringam is an equal opportunity employer.
Stringam wishes to thank all applicants for their interest. However, please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.